….to Designing Women Boutique, Sarasota’s premiere non-profit boutique featuring upscale designer fashion, jewelry, furniture, art, and home accessories. Through sales of consigned and donated merchandise, we have granted over $1,750,000 to 70+ arts and human services organizations since DWB’s inception in 2002.
There are many opportunities to get involved with Designing Women Boutique. Whatever you do with us, know that your efforts help raise funds for DWB’s annual grant program and projects that benefit the Sarasota community.
Be a Volunteer
For those who would like to help in the daily operations of the organization, DWB is looking for volunteers for either one morning or one afternoon per week on a regular basis (10AM-1:30PM or 1:30PM-5PM).
Volunteer positions at DWB are varied, and can include:
- Ringing up sales
- Guiding customers to the right styles/items that benefit their look and lifestyle
- Helping to ‘stage’ the store’s furnishings and fashions
- Administrative assistance such as answering phones, taking meeting notes, entering data into spreadsheets
- Inventory team tasks include evaluating, pricing, data entry, and placing items on the selling floor
- Special Markets teams for specialized project research and marketing
Join the Ambassador’s Guild
A committee open to both men and women, this group’s primary responsibility is to organize and implement year-round fundraising events, along with raising awareness of DWB’s mission. We are always looking for energetic and reliable help for each stage of fundraising:
- Sponsorship solicitation
- Clearing up
Membership is $35 per year.
- The annual Salon Series (A monthly series including a Luncheon, Speaker, and Style Show)
- Playdates at the Asolo Repertory Theatre
For further information, please contact Marisa Fowler, Volunteer Coordinator, at 941-366-5293 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
“I love contributing my time and retail knowledge to this fabulous organization – the payback to me is seeing DWB give back to Sarasota arts and human services organizations. Another reward is being able to interact with this wonderful group of people.”
Bert Minot, Volunteer and Ambassador Guild President
“I’ve had the privilege of being involved with DWB on numerous levels for many years. I’ve seen the positive impact DWB has had on our grant recipients, and have felt their immense gratitude. Those feelings have been ‘presents’ to me!”
Ida Zito, Board of Trustees President & Sponsorship Chair