Please refer to this list as a guideline to help you determine if you have items that are appropriate to donate or consign with Designing Women Boutique. Please note that all clothing must be cleaned and pressed, in excellent condition and shoes must be new or virtually unworn.
- Women’s designer clothing from casual to formal Shoes, purses and belts
- Stoles, scarves and other accessories
- Jewelry – costume and fine, contemporary, vintage and antique. For fine jewelry, if you have an appraisal, regardless of how old, please bring it to your consignment appointment
- Furniture – primarily accent pieces, such as desks, chairs, dining sets, chests, small tables and cabinets, and some upholstered pieces depending on space available in the store. Inquire when you phone for an appointment
- Rugs – quality contemporary and antique, size depending on space available
- Art – paintings, drawings, works on paper, sculpture, etc. In display condition
- Art glass
- Decorative accessories such as lamps, pillows, mirrors, wall hangings, etc.
- Collectibles such as plates, ornaments, glass, majolica, etc.
- Home goods such as porcelain dishes, crystal, vases, silver flatware and serving pieces, etc.
- An appointment required, please 941-366-5293 to schedule an appointment.
- Designing Women Boutique sets pricing and marks down at our discretion
- Consignment split is 50/50 consignor/shop. Percentage may change by special arrangement. Terms for furniture and home accessories may vary.
- Special arrangements will be made for Estate or Downsizing liquidations. Please inquire.
- Consignment period is 60 days. Unless donating your unsold items to Designing Women Boutique, please call the shop to ahead of time to schedule a pick up time, or they become a donation to the shop without exception. Your pick-up date is clearly marked on your consignment contract.
- If you have more than five unsold items to pick up, please make an appointment to do so.
- Checks are written by the 10th of the month for sales in the prior month and must be picked up. Phone the shop to see if you have a check. Unclaimed checks will be treated as a charitable donation after their three-month expiration date.
- Designing Women Boutique is not responsible for loss or damage to consignment merchandise.
- We accept donations at any time; no appointment is required.
- The same merchandise standards apply as for consignment.
- We will be happy to donate items that are not suitable for our shop to other organizations and give you a receipt for same for tax purposes.
- On request, an itemized list of items suitable for sale in the shop will be provided. For items that we donate on, we provide a generic receipt.